© New Zealand Broadcasting School 2019

Go Bus: School van fire an 'isolated incident'

Alice Webb-Liddall

A Go Bus van carrying school children caught fire in Mairehau.

The school van caught fire on Warrington St in Mairehau about 3pm  Thursday.

A fire service spokesperson said firefighters from St Albans put out the fire in minutes and no one was injured.

Go Bus operations director Nigel Piper said the fire was most likely caused by an electrical fault. The safety of the rest of the company's large fleet was not a concern.

The company was investigating  the fire and working with parents of the students involved.