Today New Zealand's total number of COVID-19 cases has increased by three, made up of two new confirmed cases and one new probable case.
The new combined total of confirmed and probable cases is the same as yesterday at 1451.
Director General of Health Ashley Bloomfield said the number had not changed because three of the cases reported yesterday were from the Greg Mortimer ship off Uruguay.
The New Zealand Health Authorities were yet to confirm if the individuals had been included in case numbers reported to the WHO by Uruguay, he said.
All new cases are linked to existing cases.
There are two additional deaths to report, bringing the total number of COVID-19 related deaths to 16.
A woman in her 60's with underlying health conditions died in Dunedin Hospital, where she had been since April 7.
Bloomfield said that although her family had been unable to visit her in the last few weeks, arrangements were made for them to be with her last night prior to her passing.
He said that under level three, families would be allowed to visit loved ones in palliative care and for compassionate reasons only.
A man is his 70's with underlying health conditions from the Rosewood Care Facility in Christchurch died in the hospital level wing. He was not part of the group transferred to Burwood Hospital.
The man was treated as a probable case of COVID-19, even though he had tested negative to the virus, because of likely exposure.
Today there are eight people in hospital, with one in ICU at Middlemore.
There are still 16 significant clusters, which is no change from yesterday.
Four new COVID-19 cases have been linked to existing clusters.
Bloomfield said a record number of 6480 COVID-19 tests were processed yesterday, and 101,277 total tests have been processed to date.
He said changes in hospital practice under level three would include some elective services including surgery and radiology.